Support for Parents:
- Identifies child care settings matched to parents needs by drawing upon a database of child care providers that includes:
- Child Care Centers
- Family Child Care Homes
- Unlicensed Registered Ministries
- Before and After School Care
- Pre-school Opportunities
- Summer Programs
- Offers information and a useful checklist to help evaluate quality child care.
- Provides information on how to access subsidies.
- Helps identify solutions to nighttime care, sick child care, and care for children with special needs.
Support for Providers:
- Refers new and existing clients to providers.
- Offers basic, advanced and accreditation training opportunities.
- Provides technical assistance.
- Offers a resource lending library.
- Publishes quarterly newletters.
Support for the Community:
- Works cooperatively with companies to provide child care information to employees.
- Active in public awareness programs and public policy issues.
- Compiles information on area child care needs and services.
All information provided to any Child Care Answers staff member by a parent, provider or community leader, will be handled in a confidential manner.
Parent observation is vital to our service and to the care and safety of all children. We count on your eyes and ears to ensure that child care programs and providers are meeting regulations. As you visit programs please feel free to contact us with any concerns or questions. We will record your concerns and assist you in locating the correct investigating office. Compliments, concerns and/or questions regarding the services you have received may be directed to Mindy Bennett, Director of Programs at 317-636-5727 ext 224.